Headshots – Process
Average Headshot fee is $150
*First, we figure out what type(s) of headshots you need (corporate/business, acting, social media blogging, fashion)
*Decide on location(s) for appropriate style.
Set a date & time. For outdoor shooting, schedule may change due to unforeseen changes in weather (rain & temperature).
*Deposit: A non-refundable security deposit (50% of headshot fee) is due upon securing a date. This is to help secure your spot & and to help avoid any cancellations by the customer. Should the photographer (myself) have to cancel due to an emergency, your security deposit can be fully refunded – should the customer choose to discontinue using my photography services. That said, I am pleased to say I have never cancelled on a customer, nor do I double book a photo shoot, I give ample time between shoots.
*Once the date and location have been set, the photoshoot can take anywhere between one to two hours depending on the change of outfits and shooting location.
*After a photoshoot, customers can expect a series of photos to choose from for retouching via a private link from my website. Up to ten photos can be retouched.
*Once the finalized photos have been retouched (post processed), you will be sent a link via Google Drive where one folder will contain the original size format for printing and a second folder containing the same images, but in a reduced format size for easy uploading and social media sharing.
Preparing for Headshots
• Hair: Make certain your hair is cut and styled to your liking
• Clothing: Make sure your clothes are ironed or steamed, free of stains or animal hairs. In addition, make sure your shoes are clean or presentable to your liking.
• Complexion: Make certain your makeup is to your liking, e.g. blush, mascara and eye liner are clean.
If you have dark circles under your eyes, it’s best to apply light cover up; this will help reduce the post processing photos thus not making your photo too digitally ‘brushed’ up.
• Teeth: Make sure you have properly brushed and flossed your teeth. You don’t want to take a picture with food particles stuck in your teeth. Teeth can be whitened to a natural shade of white – based on your natural color of teeth.
• Eyes: Make sure your eyes are not bloodshot, use eye drops as necessary
Kindly Note: I am not a digital artist, I do light touch-ups, e.g., skin smoothing & blemish removal, some teeth whitening (depending on your current shade), and eye whitening (depending on your current shade).